Embedded Eye

Give your gizmo the gift of sight

Hello,

i'm trying to operate the centeye vision sensor with msp430fr5739, for a project at uni.

i was thinking, can some of you provide 2 examples of 112x112 image with FPN mask subtracted, and not.

i'm trying to display an image without using FPN algorithm yet, just to see if i'm working correctly in scanning all pixels, etc... but i just got an almost gray image.

also, what values of various configuration register you suggest for operating the camera a 3.3V ?

some things i don't understand: i'm using biases at 50, CONFIG at 26 (so gain=2), also changing VREF doesn't affect my output at all, does this make sense? c

for the amplifier, are timing constraints for keeping INPHI high (2 microSeconds) still valid at 3.3V ? the delay after should also be 1microsec to 2 microsec ?

i would like to know if i have the correct timings,

i'm afraid to have mistaken something, also i would like to know more about FPN,
but i can't find useful examples so i can understand it a bit more pratically..
is it wrong at all to take a picture without applying fpn,
is really picture information completely uncatchable?

merry xmas to everybody ant thank you all!

G.

Views: 477

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Please check the following post:

http://embeddedeye.com/forum/topics/range-of-the-output-voltage-of-the-stonyman

http://embeddedeye.com/forum/topics/stonyman-vision-chip-level-shifting

I would recommend to use an external AD-Converter because you will get better results when you run the stonyman with 5V.

The control signals to the AD-Converter and the stonyman could be 3.3V, so you have to level shift only the output of the external AD-Converter.

Attached please find a screenshot of my setup which I used with the zedboard.

I also want to mention that I followed the information given on http://ardueye.com/.

For controlling the AD-Converter I used bit banging. I can provide sample code if you are interested.

Thanks.

Michael

Attachments:

thank you, i'm also try to following the guide-lines on centeye .pdf sheet, thanks for all the info, they're all really helpful.

i will try to work with VREF as explained,-
in case of very little light exposure, what VREF should i use ?

0 or 63 ? (i assume 63 is minimum voltage and 0 is highest voltage)

cheers, i hope to get a valuable image...

i've gone to binning image, also, should i make INPHI high for more than 2us ?
and delay after for about 2 or more ?

how are those delay related to voltage supply ? a table for that or a simplified rule should be very useful : ) on the next .pdf guide version

cheers,
i will report my results soon i hope

G.

Because I have not used the pixel amplifier (if you run the stonyman with 5V you don't need the pixel amplifier) I have also not used the signals INPHI and VREF and therefore I have no experience with this signals.

But I would say the delay time is for settle down (hope you understand what I mean) the amplifier.

Michael

can anyone report the amplifier working properly at 3.3 volts and with some the UP - LOW temporization for INPHI signal in microseconds, and maybe also CONFIG value (or just GAIN), NBIAS, AOOBIAS and VREF in a condition of medium irradiation - like indoor let' say. 

i can't operate it at 5V because i just have 3.3 for my project and can't do DC/DC as i just have msp430 and the stonyman chip with lens for my project

ps: thank you Michael , yes i think i know what you mean, i tryed also 2 microsec and even 4 microsec but this doesn't seem to be the problem i guess. thanks a lot anyway.. still get the same "whole gray noisy" image...

pps: i'm not doing any FPN subtraction, could that be the real problem at 3.3V ?

RSS

© 2022   Created by Geoffrey L. Barrows.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service